Gerardo Nunez, Ph.D.
Appointment: Assistant Professor of Horticulture. Principal Investigator
Dylan Kovach, MSc.
Appointment: Biological Scientist II and Lab Manager
Focus: Grafting as a tool for blueberry resilience
Co-advisor: Dr. Jeff Williamson
Focus: Reproductive physiology in fall-blooming blueberry
Focus: Nitrogen fertilization rates in evergreen blueberry
Focus: NIR indices to measure blueberry ripening and farming applications to concentrate crop load
Co-advisor: Dr. Patricio Munoz
Focus: Phosphorus nutrition in blueberry
Focus: Leaf spectrometry in blueberry
Foci: Macronutrient deficiencies in blueberry
Foci: Root tracing in blueberry images
Focus: Blueberry and azalea root growth
Former lab members
- Gabriel Baerga. Marina Curtis. Recent graduates (summer 2022)
- Cristina Gil. Current role. UF Soil and Water Science Dept.
- Jacob Buck. Current role. Indiana Wesleyan University staff
- Giancarlo Buzzi. Current role: industry
- Kat Condy. Current role: Universal Studios horticulture team.
- Michael Schreiber. Current role: Arbormedics
- Ashley Turner. Current role: UF School of Dentistry
- Camila Arzola. Current role: Fall Creek Nursery, OR
- Jesenia Cortes. Current role: Industry
- Dante Leventini. Current role: Masters student, UC Davis
- Alec McCloud. Current role: Industry
- Christopher Imler. Current role: Extension Educator – Michigan State University
- Mary Dixon. Current role: graduate student at UF Horticultural Sciences
- Diego Espinosa. Current role: Head grower, Demeter Foods, Colombia
- Charlene Mitchell. Current role: Thermo Fisher Sci.